"You've worked hard for what you have. We work hard to help you keep it."
Free Phone Consultation!
©Copyright 2009 Medicaid Information Resource, 3440
East Lake Rd, Suite 108,
Palm Harbor, FL 34685
MIR offers financial planning services designed to help elderly clients preserve their assets in safe investments so they may qualify for government financial assistance programs. MIR charges fees to assist elderly clients in submitting Medicaid applications, and we may receive commissions for annuities or insurance policies structured in the planning process. In 7 years filing Medicaid applications, we have never had an application denied.
We are not attorneys and do not offer legal advice or draft any legal documents. The decision to hire MIR is in no way equivalent to or a substitution for an attorney.
Medicaid Information Resource (MIR) is a privately held Financial Planning company based in Florida. Since 2001, we have served elderly clients by preserving their assets in safe investments so they can qualify for government financial assistance (Medicaid). MIR may also assist families with the submission of the Medicaid application, and we charge fees for this service. In restructuring the elderly person’s assets to qualify, we frequently recommend that annuities and/or life insurance policies be utilized. We receive commissions from insurance companies for any annuities or life insurance established as a part of the planning process. Since the inception of the company, we have not had a single Medicaid application denied. Since restructuring an applicant's assets is the primary focus of our work, we have developed deepened skills in this area.
How we work
MIR offers a free telephone consultation to all prospective clients. Usually we are contacted by a family member. In this initial conversation we learn about the nursing home resident and their family, however, the primary focus of this conversation is to gather facts about the Medicaid applicant’s finances. Then we will preview some strategies that could help to preserve the assets and qualify them for Medicaid sooner. Usually the family member learns some valuable information in this very first phone call. Specifically, here are just some of the matters we assist families with:
• Restructuring assets when the applicant's assets exceed published guidelines
• Referring a prospective client to an attorney if we suspect that there is an issue with the applicant's income
• Helping the community spouse to apply for Spousal Income Diversion
How we are compensated
MIR is compensated in two ways.
1. At the family’s request, we can assist the family by filing the Medicaid application on behalf of the applicant. In doing this, we charge the family an application fee for organizing, completing and submitting the Medicaid Application for the nursing home resident. Because of our experience with the Medicaid Application Process and our 100% track record of success, many families hire us to file their application. Given the time, effort and complexity involved, many clients feel that our fee for organizing, completing and submitting the application is reasonable and competitive.
2. Oftentimes, financial products may be implemented as a part of the planning process. We can earn commissions from financial institutions for placing the elderly person’s assets into financial products. Sometimes additional fees may be assessed depending on the complexity of the individual family plan.